Sunday, December 2, 2012

Week of November 12

(Somehow I missed this email when it came in. Sorry for the out-of-order posting.)

So this week was pretty awesome in many ways.

Monday we were up in AsunciĆ³n as I commented last week, and we ate really good food. The night was pretty tranquilo. On Tuesday, I taught district meeting and the day was really good and we finalized some teaching things for our investigator Hugo. Wednesday was pretty uneventful. But on Thursday, we did the Baptismal interview with Hugo, and it went super well, and he passed. Then, later on Thursday, my comp and I were able to go to the Temple, to see the sealing of one of my comps converts from last year. It was really sweet, because now we can only go once a year, as far as a scheduled time, so I got to sneak a visit in. The temple is the coolest place ever. The sealing session was also really awesome. It was weird because I did not know the people, but it was still a good spiritual experience, and very motivating for me to want to be sealed as well. There really is no other option.

Friday was interesting, because we went to go a interview for some elders in my district, and the people weren't there, so we had to go back on Saturday. But Saturday was absolutely sweet. We don't have a lunch appointment on Saturday, so I decided to do Thanksgiving early. Oh. My. Goodness. I almost died, because the food was so good. It reminded me of how good the food from the states is. The cookies that you send me turned out really well, and all the food in general as well. We ate all the food, and it was a lot, but that's how thanksgiving is supposed to be. I will send photos.

We had the Marriage and Baptism of Hugo Flor, and his now wife, Andrea Pereira. It was a bit stressful getting everything ready, but in the end everything went really well. Hugo asked me to baptise him, and I did of course. It was great and flawless. my comp and I bought a cake as well, and it was really really really good, and not expensive. I will be sending photos. But really I'm really happy that everything went well with the baptism. Hugo and Andrea were very happy, and you will see that reflect in their photos. Hugo was a very golden investigator.

Remember how I said that a guy that tried to commit suicide found us? Well, we haven't been able to find him again. Well he found us, he gave us his address and nothing else. So we went to find him, and we couldn't locate his house so we started asking around, and we found is next door neighbor who was Andrea. We talked to her a little bit, left a pamphlet and set up a return appointment. When we went back, she said that her husband had read the pamphlet, who is Hugo. His Andrea was baptized when she was 10 and had been inactive, but she remembered much about the teachings and had been explaining to Hugo. Anyway, to make the story short, God lead us to Hugo through mysterious means, but that's how he works, and now Hugo got baptized.

Also this next week, Sabrina, who I believe I mentioned a while back, will be getting baptized as well. But sad news is that there are transfers this week and is pretty probable that I will be going. So I got a picture with her, and hopefully I will stay here, but I will find out tonight, and you guys will find out next week.

Anyway, that's the week in a nut shell. love you guys, have a good week.

Love,

Elder Trevino

No comments:

Post a Comment