Monday, October 8, 2012

Week of October 1

This week was a normal week outside of conference. We worked a bit more than we did last week, but other than that there was not anything super exciting. On Monday like I said there was a special conference, which was actually really cool. On Tuesday we had a meeting with the entire zone to share about the conference. Wednesday was boring, and Thursday I went on exchanges with another elder in my district, and it went well enough. We actually found two super evangelical people who told us we were going to hell for teaching against the Bible and teaching new doctrine and all that stuff, so that was really annoying. We couldn't even speak really as they just kept throwing stuff. They didn't even want us to pray to bless the house or the family...

Conference was really great, I enjoyed Saturday a ton and was really uplifted and learned quite a bit. D Todd Christofferson's talk in the Priesthood session was great and I loved it. Sunday was really good as well.

Now the announcement from Pres. Monson was absolutely jaw dropping and I'm super excited for all of the youth that will be able to leave on missions. I think I will just wait a year when I come home and I can marry an RM...........anyway really exciting stuff. The temple announcements are also a great addition.

What did you guys think about Conference? Any favorite talks? Inspiring stories? I'm glad that you all enjoyed Maddox and ate some for me.

This past week I have been studying a lot in the Bible, and have been enjoying a lot of the directness from James and the other apostles and epistles. Especially James 1-22 that we need to be doers of the word and not hearers only, which was mentioned in Conference.

Anyway, we found out transfers today, and I'm staying and my comp is going. I'm not going to lie, I'm glad that its happening, I've been struggling a lot in the current situation with my district as well, and my district has quite a bit of changes as well. Anyway, my new comp will be Elder Peterson, who actually came with me from the MTC so I know him already. We will be co-district leaders which is cool as well. Being with two experienced Elders is always super effective.

Today during p-day I was walking around the city, and I found a super sweet suit store, and found one of the best looking suits that I have ever found, and it's not that expensive, so I think I will come back in like 8 months when I'm nice and skinny to go buy it. The suit that I came in is a complete joke, seeing as how I've lost so much weight. It looks like a parachute on me. Kind of embarrassing. Anyway, love you guys and I hope that you have a good week!

Elder TreviƱo

No comments:

Post a Comment